6 Reasons Why Hospitals Need Cell Phone Charging StationsHilary Walke
When you’re at the hospital, you’re in an emergency environment. The hours of waiting and wondering can be taxing, whether you’re there for a positive or negative occasion. The last thing patients and their loved ones should worry about is a charged cell phone battery. It’s also the last thing on someone’s mind as s/he is rushing to the hospital. Therefore, there are many times when people are desperate for a cell phone charger in a hospital.
The people who have a cell phone charging cord with them will look everywhere for a spare outlet or USB port to charge up their phones. However, in a hospital, this is very dangerous. People don’t think about the safety of charging, which can risk lives. If you plug your cell phone charger into a hospital machine’s USB, this machine can be collecting important information on a patient’s health status, or even helping them stay alive. It’s important to provide cell phone charging solutions to people when they’re in an emergency and need to use their cell phone to communicate.
Following are 6 benefits of cell phone charging stations in hospitals:
- Patients and their loved ones have a need to communicate with each other during this critical time. A charged cell phone is imperative, and with charging stations available, it’s one less stress they have to worry about.
- Providing charging stations will prevent people from plugging into off-limit outlets and USB that could be dangerous.
- With goCharge’s new data gathering platform, Canvass™, hospitals can take surveys and gather information on visitors to help improve the overall patient and caregiver experience.
4. goCharge’s customizable charging station solutions can be used for patient education or corporate branding, reducing the need for traditional paper materials.
5. All hospital guests and employees benefit from a charge, not only the people in the waiting area. goCharge’s cell phone charging stations can be wall-mounted, placed next to vending machines, and in the waiting rooms themselves.
6. We are in a new technological era. Providing cell phone charging stations to your guests has become a standard and expected practice. goCharge helps with installation to make the process quick and easy.